The City of Modesto would like to welcome you to its business community. If you need any assistance with the application process, call 209-577-5389.
- Business licenses are renewed on a annual basis.
- The business start date is the first date your business started operating in the City of Modesto.
- Home Businesses within Modesto City Limits are required to submit the Home Business Agreement with their application.
- Sole owners are required to provide Social Security number, California Drivers License or California Identificaton Card number. LLC, Partnership, Corporations are required to provide a Federal Employee Identification Number (FEIN) for the business.
- No payment will be required until your application has been reviewed and accepted. You will receive an email verifying the receipt of application. Within 5 business days you will receive another email containing the amount due and instructions on how to make payment online.
Review the information below and be sure to fill out and submit any required documents before applying.
Assembly Bill 3002 went into effect on January 1, 2019, which provides information regarding disability access requirements and resources to business owners. Read this notice in English or in other languages.
Per AB 2184, you may protect your residential address by providing a different Service of Process address in accordance with Sections 16000.1(a)(2) and 16100.1(a)(2) of the Business and Professions Code. To do so, please Apply in person - you may not apply online.
In accordance with the requirements of Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”) of 1990, the Fair Employment & Housing Act (“FEHA”), the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended), Government Code section 11135 and other applicable codes, the City of Modesto (“City”) will not discriminate against individuals on the basis of disability in the City’s services, programs, or activities. More information is available on the City of Modesto website.